What’s Coming Up?
· We are sponsoring a spay and neuter clinic in the small mining town Dolores of the Sierra Madre in mid August. We are so grateful to Dr. Luis of Sayto Clinic in Cuatemoc for being our veterinarian on the ground this time around. We will be partnering with him, along with Compania Minera Dolores to help the dogs in this remote region. Donated supplies will be sent from us, here in Chattanooga, TN, to El Paso Texas where we have wonderful volunteers who will be bringing them into Mexico.
· Dr. Dawkins plans to return to Mexico with a team in October, and again in late December through early January, as long as Covid allows safe travels. We would not want to bring any disease to the indigenous people in these remote regions.
· A fundraiser dinner and silent auction is being held on September 19th from 5-8 pm at Green Spaces (63 E Main St, Chattanooga, TN 37408). Food is being catered, and donated, by Olive Garden! We will have a takeout option for the food, as well as a socially distanced sit-down dinner. We are currently accepting items to auction off at this event. A live viewing of the auction items will be available, as well as online bidding. If you know anyone who may want to donate a service, art work, etc. please let us know, and please spread the word about our event and the auction! All proceeds go towards anesthesia medications for more spay and neuters. Keep on the lookout on our Facebook page for more details and information on how to purchase tickets.
We would not be able to do this without our sponsors! We are so grateful to you.
· Dr. Bain of New Hope Vet Clinic
· Dr. Sayto of Sayto Clinic
· Dr. Cornman of Animal Hospital of Signal Mountain
· Jo Moyes with the Amelia Peabody Canine Rehabilitation Center
· Artist Denice Bizo
· Chattanooga Sports Chiropractic Institute
· Green Spaces
· HR Business Solutions
· Mindy B’s Deli
· My Mobile Groomer
· Naughty Cat Café
· Rental RVing
· Virginia Lee Massage
And of course, thank you to all of the wonderful people who donate to our silent auctions!
· We are always in need of people to transport supplies to El Paso, Texas. If you or anyone you know is traveling from Chattanooga, TN to El Paso, TX please contact us! Even if you can only transport one box, we would be so grateful.
· Medical supplies such as drape, fluids, and gauze are always needed. If you are a nurse, in the medical field, or have access to have any of these supplies, donations would be greatly appreciated!
· Volunteers! We are in need of volunteers with a variety of skills including: photography, grant writing, and organization, as well as video, social media, and YouTube skills.
· Ava was found our first day in Mexico by Dr. Dawkins’ 9-year-old daughter in the town of Divisidero. She was in an abandoned train station weighing less than 3 pounds, and she was ridden with parasites and even lice. Dr. Dawkins and her family kept her with them for their entire trip because she was so small they could not leave her alone. She even hiked with them to help other dogs in remote regions while riding in a backpack! When she arrived in the United States, she was adopted by a friend of Dr. Dawkins who had told her before the trip to “bring me back a pitiful one if you need to!”
Please spread the word by following us and sharing our posts on social media!
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CompassionCopp
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/CompassionCopp1